Bring the family along for an adventure that takes you through lush tropical rainforests, to the rim of a volcanic caldera and even behind the scenes of a candy company! Circumnavigate the island of Hawaii on a satisfying 260-mile tour from Kona to Hilo.
On this adventure you will...
- Enjoy a scenic ride in an air-conditioned motorcoach, swooning over the gorgeous sights along the southwest coast of the Big Island. Ask your knowledgeable guide about the 1,000-year history of Kealakekua Bay, including the demise of Captain James Cook.
- Continue around the southern tip of the island, heading to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. While there, pore over the fascinating exhibits at Thomas A. Jaggar Museum, learning about the nature of lava and the field of Volcanology.
- Explore Thurston Lava Tube, a natural conduit created by low-viscosity lava. View past lava flows of Mauna Loa. Look in awe at the tour's star attraction, Kilauea Volcano, which has been steadily erupting for more than 30 years.
- Take a walk on the volcanic black sand of Punaluu Beach.
- Enjoy a no-host lunch before touring Big Island Candies, a proud local business that manufactures and markets sweets.
- Keep your camera ready for Rainbow Falls, located at Wailuku River State Park. It flows over a natural lava cave into a large, freshwater pool surrounded by dense tropical fauna.
- Take a ride through the Parker Ranch lands in Waimea, getting just a taste of its immenseness-at 250,000 acres! See the real paniolo (Hawaiian cowboys) in action.
- Make a sweet stop at Hamakua Macadamia Nut Farms for a look at more locally made treats.
- Guests who select this Gold package will be able to choose from 4 items on an exclusive lunch menu, including a farm fresh green salad and a choice of beverage. Vegetarian and gluten-free options are available.
- The Gold package also entitles its Guests to preferred seating-complete with breathtaking views of Halemaumau Crater's billowing steam cloud.
- We encourage Guests to wear a lightweight jacket and sturdy, closed-toe shoes, as the tour includes travel over sharp, uneven lava surfaces.